Thursday, December 29, 2005

deep, dark (and spicy!) chocolate

Have you ever wanted to pour a chocolate ganache into a cup, make sure nobody's looking, and just drink it? That's what this amazing hot chocolate is like:


Mark's sister Leila gave me this for Christmas -- it's Wicked Hot Chocolate from Jacques Torres in Brooklyn. When you make it the way the package directs, it's one part mix to two parts milk, so you get this intense, thick beverage that's sort of the hot chocolate equivalent of espresso -- a little goes a long way. (You could make it in more traditional hot chocolate proportions, I guess, but personally, I prefer the quick hit of a just a little really good chocolate.) And it's got cinnamon and chilies in it, so it's like Ibarra with a kick. I haven't been this excited about a chocolate product since that Trader Joe's sorbet I found. whee!

3 Comments:

Blogger Sarah @ Baby Bilingual said...

I love your first line! The answer is yes.

7:08 PM  
Blogger lis said...

mmm, when I'm in Brooklyn in March, I'm definitely stopping by this place.

10:02 AM  
Blogger Sarah @ Baby Bilingual said...

The taste testers at Real Simple magazine raved about this in their February issue in an article entitled "Death by Hot Chocolate," praising its "slightly spicy kick" and "element of mystery."

It's apparently available outside of Brooklyn, too, at www.mrchocolate.com.

6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home