Monday, December 12, 2005

fancy cookies

I got a Silpat for my birthday, so yesterday I baked fancy cookies. Cinnamon chocolate cigarettes: paper thin cookies rolled into a cylinder with one end dipped in chocolate. I can't show you a picture because I seem to have misplaced the battery charger for my digital camera, but they are pretty. I have plans for more fancy cookies, tuiles and such. The Silpat is a genius thing, and I highly recommend getting one. There was no sticking! That's about all I have to say about the fancy cookie baking, except that it made me feel very skilled, like a much better baker than I actually am.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sarah @ Baby Bilingual said...

Neato! We got a Silpat as a wedding gift, but I haven't tried it out yet. Thanks for the inspiration!

Speaking of inspiration and weddings, we're off for our honeymoon tomorrow (if I can ever finish grading, that is). I can't wait to eat seafood in the Carribean!

3:51 PM  
Blogger lis said...

Happy honeymoon! Hope you have a great trip. And good luck with the grading. haven't started mine.

6:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The one time I tried to do fancy rolled cookies it was a bit of a mess. They were either way too hot to touch or way too cool to roll without breaking. What's the trick?

-Tart Sister-in-law

5:10 PM  
Blogger lis said...

the trick for me was the Silpat. I would have made a complete mess of them otherwise. And they were a bit hot when I rolled them, but I think I killed a few fingertip nerve endings back in high school when I was a fry cook at Taco Bell (before all their food came in plastic packaging).

7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home