Thursday, May 18, 2006

the annual tea party

Last year, I started a tradition of a yearly tea party with all the girls in my family. I think it's a tradition that I'll have to keep because not only did my niece talk about last year's tea party all this year ("remember the tea party, when I ate all the sugar?"--which she did), everyone was already making menu suggestions for next year.

For me, it's a good way to welcome spring and bid farewell to the academic year (and it allows me to postpone obligatory grading with some culinary excess). This year's menu included four kinds of tea sandwiches, two kinds of scones, lemon curd, and three kinds of tarts (of course!).




We all felt very refined and sophisticated (even though we ate more than is really reasonable).



My niece was so pleased with the baking, she gave me an award (ok, it was from her dance recital the night before but I deserved it!)

3 Comments:

Blogger Sarah @ Baby Bilingual said...

How marvelous! I would have loved tea parties with my aunts as a little girl.

What type of sandwiches did you fix? And did you cut the crusts off?

9:06 AM  
Blogger Lisa B. said...

Three kinds of tarts!

That is a good phrase in any context, I feel.

8:29 AM  
Blogger lis said...

of course I cut the crusts off! well, my sister did, since I was hopelessly behind.

1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home