Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Bonjour, neveu!

The Boulder Community Foothills Hospital has a cafe (not a "cafeteria"), but they close at 7:00 pm (reopening at midnight for the people coming off their shift), so I wasn't able to try out the food there. I was hoping to have a food-related excuse to post about my visit there this evening, but oh well, I'll just post off-topic tonight with good news: My sister-in-law just had a baby! I am an aunt for the very first time! Mr. Tart and I went to visit young Carl Edward this evening. He's calm and healthy and has just about the softest little head possible.

Oh! I know how to bring this message back to food! My brother-in-law has his own pet name for infants: because they are round and pink and don't do a whole lot at first, he calls them "bologna loafs."

Carl is the most beautiful bologna loaf ever!

1 Comments:

Blogger lis said...

congrats, auntie Sarah. In auntie news, I finally got to meet new niece Frances this week. She's lovely.

3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home