Sunday, October 01, 2006

a fish taco showdown?

Sarah, I know you think you may have the recipe for the best fish taco, but we may have to have a cook-off.




I have to give the credit for these to Will (although I did make the salsa):

Warm flour tortillas in a dry pan until they are lightly browned, but still soft. Fill them with baked sole (just a little olive oil and pepper). Top with shredded cabbage, peach mint salsa (recipe below), and diced tomatoes (Will wasn't keen on the tomatoes, but I think they added good flavor). Light, easy, delicious.


Peach Mint Salsa
Mix together the following:

2 cups chopped peaches
1/4 cup chopped red onion
1/4 cup chopped green pepper
minced hot pepper, to taste
2 T. chopped mint
a bit of salt, a bit of lime juice

4 Comments:

Blogger Sarah @ Baby Bilingual said...

Hey, I never claimed to have the best recipe--I just wanted to steal someone else's ideas to make mine even better! I love the idea of the peach salsa. Don't you think big fat meaty shrimp would be good in there too in lieu of the fish? (But no sea-worms with eyeballs, please.)

4:27 PM  
Blogger Sarah @ Baby Bilingual said...

Oh, and what about yellow tomatoes instead of red ones--would Will approve more of that?

4:30 PM  
Blogger Lisa B. said...

These sound amazing. I like the idea of baked fish, with all the pizzazz coming from the salsa. No cilantro, though? I might chop a little in there with the mint. Mint! what a great idea.

9:32 PM  
Blogger William Conway said...

Ok, no fish taco showdown posts this close to dinner. You're making me hungry.

As an impartial observer, I can say that shrimp taste excellent in fish tacos. You need fish with flavor. I've made fish tacos with Tilapia, and they turned out horrible.

3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home