Monday, October 24, 2005

Luscious, autumnal grilled cheese

Try this: it's heavenly. Saute a sliced granny smith apple in butter with cardamom, cinnamon, and sugar. When it's nice and soft, make a grilled cheese sandwich by placing it in between two slices of havarti cheese and two slices of good bread. Not dill havarti, or jalapeno havarti--just simple, creamy havarti. Yummers. I had always liked sharp cheddar with apples--but the effect of cooking the apple and pairing it with the havarti has made me a convert. (Thanks to the Wisconsin Cheese Board for the recipe idea.)

6 Comments:

Blogger lis said...

mmmmm. . .I think I'll try this for dinner.

7:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmmm. Yummy!

6:52 PM  
Blogger lis said...

Tara, I think that line would have made Jerry MacGuire a much better movie.

7:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm moved to making it myself; too bad apples are 5$ here in the land of the rising sun. I'll just have to save the experience for the future. Thanks for the idea Sarah!

3:21 PM  
Blogger Sarah @ Baby Bilingual said...

Welcome, Anonymous: is that you, Lori? I remember how you loved dill havarti!

8:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why, you are quite right! It's me Lori, and I could use some havarti now. Until then, I will just have to druel over all of your wonderful posts and pictures!

2:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home