Tuesday, August 14, 2007

desperately seeking sushi

So I've been craving sushi lately. I don't think it's a pregnancy thing--more of a "98-degree summer in Colorado where cool, light meals are perfect" thing. We've got good sushi restaurants in the Boulder-Denver area--even one right here in little Lafayette--but of course they present a dilemma: I'm not allowed to eat raw fish. So far, I've been satisfying my craving with the occasional California roll or unagi (the eel that tastes barbecued). Do any of you with more sushi expertise than me have suggestions of other cooked fish sushi rolls I can indulge in? (I had a vegetarian one the other day, which disappointed me because there were too many crunchy bits.)

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

try Tamago (sometimes spelled Tamako). It's a sweet egg square on top of the rice, sashimi-style. Very good, and no raw fish. I've also heard that it's difficult to prepare and that sushi critics often use it as a standard by which to judge sushi restaurants.

10:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good vegetarian sushi I've had recently: marinated sundried tomato rolls with avocado, vegetable tempura rolls, shitake mushroom rolls with ponzu sauce, asparagus rolls.

1:25 PM  
Blogger Sarah @ Baby Bilingual said...

Sounds good--thanks for the advice!

6:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home