Monday, December 03, 2007

the perfect baby shower game for a foodie?


My former colleagues from CSU--many of whom are also close friends and/or mentors--threw me a baby shower yesterday. It was great fun and felt so warm and affectionate and supportive. (Can you read the cake? It proclaims "Welcome Croissant"!) And they even heeded my wishes for "no stupid baby shower games."

Well, there was one almost-game, which the hostesses (one of whom was Katie from my supper club) were careful to call a "challenge activity." It involved giving everyone a dollop of pureed, unadorned baby food from nine different jars to see if we could identify the flavors. I ended up with eight correct (missed "peach"). The general consensus was "No wonder babies spit up so much--this stuff tastes awful!"

Salt is definitely a good thing.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger lis said...

that sounds like a bad, bad game.

9:08 PM  
Blogger Judy said...

Lol, cute game. I like to think I would do well, but who knows.

6:40 PM  
Blogger tara said...

I think this is why kids go absolutely nuts on their first birthdays when they get to go wild with the birthday cake and smear chocolate in their hair and whatnot. They learn that the world of food goes way beyond pureed peas. Whee, sugar!

9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home