Friday, February 17, 2006

a fabulous radio food program

Santa Monica's NPR station, KCRW, has a food show called, simply enough, "Good Food" that I've become addicted to. I think it's got an energy to it that "The Splendid Table" doesn't have (honestly, I find TST's host a wee bit insufferable). As a newly minted quasi-Angeleno, I'm learning so much about where to eat in LA. It also has a regular segment called the Market Report where a correspondent goes out and finds out what's in season at the farmer's market. But it's not strictly a local show: there are tons of really interesting interviews (one episode had the Kitchen Sisters, creators of NPR's "Hidden Kitchens" series; the Valentine's Day edition has someone talking about aphrodisiacs; also a man who suddenly began cooking at the age of 81 and wrote a cookbook).

I subscribe to the podcast, and you can also listen online. Good stuff.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sarah @ Baby Bilingual said...

I agree with your comment about Lynne Rossetto Kasper (sp?)--she throws out too many superlatives for me to take her seriously. Plus the "call me" song she plays before the listener question segments goes on far too long. However, I still listen to TST when I can, because it's the only radio show I know about food. Thanks for sharing this one!

10:33 AM  
Blogger William Conway said...

One of my favorite podcasts is "Eat Feed". The host has a made-for-NPR voice, the content is interesting, and I don't have to wait for it to come on the radio.

I'm a big fan.

11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home