Thursday, March 30, 2006

Revenge of the Pesto

Remember when Mr. Tart invented a new pesto recipe last fall? I found a new use for it tonight (new to me, that is; I'm sure this combination has been done before). Needing to cook a quick meal before my final deadline for the CD-ROM I'm writing (due tonight! yikes!), I pulled out two individually frozen flounder fillets, slathered them with my hubby's citrus pesto, and baked them at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes. Seemingly sophisticated in taste and appearance, the dish was surprisingly easy, and the rice soaked up the melty pesto juice from the baking sheet. Mmmm!

What are y'all's favorite quickie dinners?

3 Comments:

Blogger Nik said...

15 minutes at 400 frozen? Sounds like a perfect way to avoid overcooking your fish--one of lives great challenges.

9:12 AM  
Blogger lis said...

um, oatmeal.

the fish sounds great.

10:43 AM  
Blogger Valerie said...

Ask otterbutt for her turkey italian sausage pasta recipe. delicious and pronto!

2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home