Monday, May 29, 2006

coffee granita

On hot summer days, I always find myself craving cold coffee in the afternoon. Since my apartment is surrounded by coffee shops, I don't have to go far to satisfy my craving for iced lattes or frozen mochas. The only trouble is that I shell out a lot of money. Thus, my solution of coffee granita. What's better than flaky caffeinated ice? This stuff also tastes great with vanilla ice cream. I love making granitas in the summer--so simple, no special equipment required, and just about anything tastes good frozen (especially when it's 90 degrees outside).

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah @ Baby Bilingual said...

My favorite granita was a lemony one on the Italian coast on an extremely hot day. None have ever measured up to that one!

I'm not a coffee drinker, but I bet that chai tea would make a mean granita too. Is it still a granita, though, if the chai mixture has milk in it?

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home