Sunday, December 09, 2007

on a sugar high


So we're having this holiday cookie swap at work tomorrow, and for some reason we're each supposed to bring six to eight dozen cookies. That's right, six to eight DOZEN. I think maybe the idea is that this way, everyone goes home with several assorted cookie plates they can then give to people. I dunno. I also don't know quite how I'm going to get all this stuff to and from work tomorrow, because I walk to work. All I know is that it means I've gone through a truly astounding amount of butter in this weekend's baking.

My contributions: maple-date bars, lavender-vanilla bean shortbread, lemon curd thumbprints, and chocolate cupcakes with chocolate-mint ganache and mint buttercream frosting (from the fabulous Cupcake Bakeshop blog). The cupcakes, which you see above (sorry for the less-than-optimal photo) were my first cupcake effort, inspired by my purchase of a nifty decorating set - instead of a pastry bag, it's a small plastic accordion-pleated squeeze bottle that's a lot easier to control for a beginner. I'm a decorating klutz, but it worked out well.

Happy holidays, everyone!

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Lisa B. said...

The cupcakes look gorgeous! Good job with the decorating apparatus.

9:53 PM  
Blogger Sarah @ Baby Bilingual said...

Good grief! I hope your colleagues don't show up with dozens of store-bought cookies to exchange for your exquisite creations.

What in the world are you going to do with all the cookies you receive in return? I hope they're freezable!

8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home