Sunday, December 30, 2007

candy for Christmas

My mother-in-law and sister-in-law and I had our annual candy-making extravaganza last weekend. This time we ended up with eleven different kinds, five of which were new to us:

almond brittle
toffee
caramels
peanut butter bark
haystacks
peanuts covered in white bark
raspberry jellies
Earl Grey truffles (the cream infused with tea)
Carribean truffles rolled in coconut (the cream infused with coconut-passionfruit tea I brought back from St. Martin)
peppermint bark:

and pretzel wreaths:

I have never been much of a candy maker--anything that involves a thermometer and boiling sugar makes me nervous--but I'm getting good at melting white bark and pouring it over things like chow mein noodles and pretzels! And really, all truffles are is melted chocolate that gets gussied up.
So are you a holiday cookie baker, a holiday candy maker, or neither? What are your sweet holiday traditions?

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Judy said...

I love those little pretzels! They would be so cute as tree ornaments too.

11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home